Stéphane Tanner’s practice focuses on tax advice to entrepreneurs and corporations, in connection with the setting up of their business structures as well as with their development and reorganization projects.
He advises clients on tax related transactions (including mergers and acquisitions) as well as on wealth planning issues and real estate tax matters.
His practice also includes representation of clients before tax authorities and tax courts.
Stéphane Tanner is regularly invited to speak at conferences organized by professional or academic institutions.
- Swiss Federal Patent as Fiduciary Agent, 1996
- Swiss Federal Diploma as Tax Expert, 2000
- Cantonal Tax Administration, Geneva, 1991-2007, Director of Tax Affairs from 1999 then Chief Officer from 2005 to 2007
- Schellenberg Wittmer, Counsel, Geneva, 2007-2009
- Pricewaterhouse Coopers SA, Manager in the Tax and Legal Department, Geneva, 2009-2012
- BfB Société Fiduciaire Bourquin frères et Béran SA, Head of the Tax Division, Geneva, 2012 -2015
- First Instance Administrative Court, Associate Judge in tax matters, since 2012
- Gillioz Dorsaz & Associés, Partner, since 2015
- Geneva Chapter of Expert suisse, Committee member, 2007-2014
- Geneva Association for Property Owners, member of the Tax Commission, since 2007
- Geneva Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Services (CCIG), President of the Tax Commission, since 2014
- Association of Certified Tax Experts in French-speaking Switzerland (OREF), President of the association since 2014