Géraldine Badel Poitras focuses her practice primarily on banking law and finance including legislation against money laundering, as well as FinTech and RegTech.
Her clients include institutional clients – banks, financial intermediaries, family offices, trust companies – as well as individuals. She advices them in their day-to-day operations as well as in the selection and structuring of their investments, including application for financial license (FINMA) and the negotiation and drafting of agreements, and assists them in managing the associated compliance risk under Swiss and international regulations. She also represents her clients before administrative and judicial authorities.
Géraldine Badel Poitras has regular speaking engagements with leading ongoing education firms, industry associations and self-regulation bodies (HES-SO, ARIF, chamber fiduciaire FIDUCIAIRE SUISSE).
- TEP, Society of Trust and Estate Practioners, 2003
- Diploma, Canadian Securities Course, 2003
- Qualification as Bar Member, Geneva, 1996
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Geneva, 1993
- Legal consultant, Société Privée de Gérance SA, Geneva, 1997-1998
- Legal and compliance consultant, Crédit Agricole Indosuez (Suisse) SA, 1998-2002
- Service to the international private clients, Royal Bank of Canada, Montreal and Toronto, 2003
- Senior legal consultant, responsible for Executive Committee matters, Banque Cantonale Vaudoise, Lausanne, 2004-2005
- Head of Legal & Compliance and central documentation service, member of the management board for French-speaking Switzerland, BSI SA, Geneva, 2005-2010
- Head of Legal, Geneva Office, EFG Bank SA, then Head of strategic projects, EFG International AG, 2010-2013
- Partner, Vecchio Avocats, 2014-2017
- Partner, Gillioz Dorsaz & Associés, since 2017
- Geneva Bar Association; Member of the Tax and Finance Committee
- Member TEP of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (TEP)
- Geneva Business Law Association (AGDA)
- Regular teacher for the Swiss patent for fiduciary agents
- Member of the ARIF Committee, chairman of the admission Commission
- Member of the OSIF affiliation Commission
- Swiss Bar Association (SAV/FSA)